Turmeric is a natural plant that is among the ginger family. It is regarded as “the golden spice” which is very effective in treating many medicinal conditions. For example, ancient healers usually make use of turmeric to treat both skin and respiratory conditions across India and its subcontinents. In fact, today’s healers are still making use of turmeric.
In India, people make use of turmeric as both a culinary spice and an herb for long years. Turmeric is a great spice, you might have tasted it in curry but it also works very well with dish to give yellow and orange color. Meanwhile, it isn’t only the cooking property of turmeric that is noteworthy. If you combine turmeric with milk, there will be a great reaction in your body.
In this article, we will be discussing what can happen to your doing for drinking turmeric and milk before sleeping at night. First, let us talk about nutritional benefits of turmeric.
Curcumin is the strong ingredient in turmeric that is responsible for most of the spice’s health attributes. Meanwhile, the curcumin content of store-bought turmeric is a bit low which is around 3% and this is why you should consider purchasing a concentrated form of turmeric of a nanoparticle form of curcumin. Here is what will happen to your body when you drink turmeric milk “golden milk” before you sleep at night:
– It boosts brainpower: It is scientifically proven that golden milk can improve cognitive function. It is also active in preventing dementia such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease by reducing the substances beta-amyloid and tau protein.
– It improves mood: People that drink turmeric milk before bedtime usually have good mood. It will help them boost their mood and can also reduce symptoms of depression. According to a research study that was published in the Journal of Affective Disorders, curcumin is very significant more effective than placebo in improving several mood-related symptoms.
– It also help those that are pre-diabetic: According to research studies, turmeric and curcumin can aid lowering of blood glucose levels and other complications that are related to diabetes. In a study published in the journal Diabetes Care, 240 pre-diabetics are randomly picked and were assigned to a curcumin or placebo group. After 9 months, 19 out of 116 placebo patients were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (T2D). Out of 124 patients who received curcumin, none developed the disease.
– It reduces bad cholesterol: Curcumin and phytosterols (PS) possess synergistic effect that is very powerful for lowering the body’s level of LDL “bad” cholesterol. In a 2017 research study published in the The FASEB Journal, the participants are people with hypercholesterolemia and placed in double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. The participants received (a) a double placebo, (b) 2 grams/day of PS, (c) 200 mg/day of curcumin, or (d) a combination of PS and curcumin and after the study, Group‘d’ lowered their LDL cholesterol levels between 10 and 13.5 percent; ‘c’ by about 3 percent; ‘b’ by 8 percent, and ‘a’ by an average of about 1 percent.
– It fights against arthritis: Turmeric and curcumin are strong natural anti-inflammatories. Inflammation can cause different health conditions and diseases which might include rheumatoid arthritis (RA). There are several studies that revealed that curcumin can reduce pains associated to RA.
– It lowers the risk of cancer: There are several studies which suggest that curcumin inhibits cellular proliferation and also induce the powerful mechanisms of cancer cell apoptosis (cell death) and mitosis (division and replication). Curcumin is scientifically proven to be active in protecting against cancer and can also serve as a clinical treatment for different cancer types which can include:
· Breast cancer
· Prostate cancer
· Colorectal cancer
· Pancreatic cancer
You may also like
- How You Can Make Your Saggy Stomach Skin Smooth Naturally
- Why Baking Soda is one of the Greatest Things You Could Use. Here is What You Don’t Know about Baking Soda
- How to Naturally Get Soft Pink Lips
- Simply Rub This on Any Scar, Wrinkle or Spot on Your Skin and Look As They Disappear Within Few Minutes! Even Medical Doctors are Surprised!
- Here is What Your Sleeping Position Reveals about Your Personality
How to prepare Turmeric Milk:
There are different steps that you need to follow in order to prepare turmeric milk.
ü 1 cup of whole milk (you can also make use of almond, coconut, or soy).
ü ¾ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
ü 1 teaspoon of honey (this is optional but recommended for sweetening purpose).
ü ¼ teaspoon of black ground or black pepper
ü Get a pan, mix all the ingredients together and pour it inside the pan.
ü Let the pan get to a simmer.
ü Sip the drink slowly while still hot.
Turmeric is a great spice that has been in used for medicinal purpose long years ago. It possesses properties that can aid the management of oxidative and inflammatory conditions. Alternatively, you can consume black pepper with turmeric since there is substance in black pepper which is known as piperine. It is a natural substance that can increase the amount of curcumin absorbed. Regardless of how you take turmeric, it will make you feel better and more energic.