Goldsmiths, University of London Scholarship is currently ready to offer fully funded scholarships to international students who desire to study in the UK. The funding is offered to both undergraduate and master’s students.
Goldsmiths, University of London in the best five arts & design and communication & media studies universities in the UK. Based on the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, the academic institution is also among the best 25 in the UK for the quality of their research.
- Study Level: Undergraduate /Masters
- Institution(s): Goldsmiths, University of London
- Study in: London, UK
- Number of Scholarships: Four in total – 2 undergraduate, 2 masters
- Duration of Program: Undergraduate – 3 to 4 years; Master’s program – 1 year; PhD program – 3 years.
- Deadline: May 14th, 2021 (Applications open 24 February 2021)
- Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance
- Educational Studies
- English and Comparative Literature
- English Language Centre
- Institute for Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship (ICCE)
- Institute of Management Studies (IMS)
- Media, Communications and Cultural Studies (MCCS)
- Politics and International Relations
- Research Centres and Units
- Social, Therapeutic and Community Studies (STaCS)
- Theatre and Performance
- Visual Cultures
Benefits of Goldsmiths, University of London Scholarship
Goldsmiths, University of London Scholarship offers beneficiaries the benefits below:
- Accommodation fee waiver (For a standard, single occupancy bedroom in Goldsmiths-owned accommodation only)
- £8,825 for per annum of study
- Tuition fee waiver
Eligibility for Goldsmiths, University of London Scholarship
To be eligible for Goldsmiths, University of London Scholarship, applicants must satisfy all the requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world.
- Applicant must have gotten an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate or full-time postgraduate taught program beginning September 2021.
- Applicant must be confirmed as refugee or asylum seeker on the application, or have been given limited leave due to an asylum application or human rights application.
- Applicant will also need to show academic excellence and/or noteworthy accomplishment in his/her chosen field of study.
- Applicant must attain first undergraduate/postgraduate degree.
- Applicants should possess a letter from the UK Government acknowledging refugee/asylum status in the UK. This document must be uploaded to your “My Goldsmiths” account when you submit your application. Applications will not be acknowledged if you do not provide proof of your status in the UK
University Entry Conditions:
- For country detailed prerequisites, visit here.
- For course specific prerequisites, visit here.
- If English isn’t your local language, you will need to satisfy the English language requirements to study with them. They are itemized on the program pages. They generally require an IELTS. Nevertheless, they also accept a range of other English language qualifications.
How to Apply for Goldsmiths, University of London Scholarship
To apply for Goldsmiths, University of London Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Foreign students apply for undergraduate degrees via UCAS.
- Fill out a form at ucas.com. The form permits you to apply to not more than 5 institutions. Complete the form once, and forward to all the universities you’ve chosen.
- The form is broken down into separate parts comprising your: contact details, academic record, and a personal statement that allows you to describe your passion and enthusiasm for the program you want to study. Go through the University’s guidance on creating a personal statement that stands out.
- Application should include a reference from a person who is very familiar with you, and can talk about your suitability for the program you want to study, such as a teacher at school or college.
- Applicants will need to pay a fee to UCAS to submit your application.
- Read further about the undergraduate application procedure here.
- You can apply straight to Goldsmiths through the website by selecting the ‘apply now’ button on the program page of the course you’re interested in. Some programs have specific application processes, so always check the program listing for any precise requirements.
- You would upload a personal statement. This is an opportunity to distinguish yourself from the other candidates applying for same program, and to describe why you should be offered a place to study. Go through their guidance on writing your personal statement.
- There is no official deadline for most taught degrees, but it’s be aware that popular courses tend to fill up fast, so it’s best to apply early to prevent disappointment.
- Applicants may also be demanded to submit samples of their work, such as essays or photography. Details will be provided on specific program pages.
- After submission, your application will be evaluated by the academic staff. There will be invites for an interview (either in person or through Skype).
- Read further on the postgraduate application procedure here.
- To apply for scholarships and bursaries, create up a “MyGoldsmiths” account first. Please see advice and guidance on steps to create “MyGoldsmiths” account here. Details of how to create the account will be sent.
A separate accommodation application is required, and should be done the moment applications open.
- List Loring Hall, Dean House, and Ewan Henderson court as your first 3 accommodation choices.
- Fill out the other options to move forward to the next stage of the application procedure.
- Specify that you are applying for Goldsmiths, University of London Scholarship in the ‘Notes’ section of your accommodation application.
- See details of applying for accommodation here.
To inquire further about Goldsmiths, University of London Scholarship, please visit the Official Website.